Clients don’t get much more ambitious than one who buys the rights to four Olympic Games across 48 different markets in Europe. Working closely with Discovery Communications Product, Editorial and Technical teams, we architected and designed their responsive website and mobile apps for Eurosport’s PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympic Games coverage. We were subsequently re-engaged to work on responsive website, mobile apps and connected TV for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games, a project that we were a year into at the point the Games were delayed until 2021.
Across its app, website, player, and social media, Eurosport claimed a reach of 76 million during the PyeongChang Games, and 15 million used the app during the Games.
Key Project Deliverables:
- In depth product, editorial & technical requirements gathering
- Site & mobile app information architecture for 11 language sites
- Wireframes & visual design for each European market’s Olympic website & mobile apps
- Design for key site sponsorship sections
- App branding for VR mobile & headset apps
- User testing for key site functionality introduced into Eurosport digital properties
- Integration into Eurosport’s development & QA team’s throughout implementation
- Video storyboard & production for Games Time digital promo
- Games Time product and editorial support
- Post Games Competitor Analysis & Benchmarking Report
Below is the Games Time digital promo that we created for use On Air and on social throughout the PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games.